Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 (40 ounce) can cut sweet potatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
“Sweet, rich, and crunchy. A lovely addition to your holiday feast.”
Prep 15 m Cook 50 m Ready In 1 h 5 m Serves 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Place the sweet potatoes and their liquid in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cook 15 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and mash.
- In a medium bowl, mix the mashed sweet potatoes, white sugar, eggs, 1/3 cup butter, milk, and vanilla extract. Spread evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, chopped pecans, flour, and 1/3 cup melted butter. Sprinkle over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts: Per Serving: 602 calories; 26.9 g fat; 88.1 g carbohydrates; 6.2 g protein; 88 mg cholesterol; 213 mg sodium.